Saturday 11 March 2017

The Days Before Departure

Image may contain: 1 person, stripes and close-up  

     As the months, weeks, and days ticked closer, my family and friends showered me with love and support while I prepared for the opportunity of a lifetime: completing a portion of my practicum for the Bachelor of Education program in the territory of Nunavut, specifically, a community called Cape Dorset.
     The photo above shows me wrapped in a knitted blanket; an early birthday gift from Aunt Linda. I made sure that this beautiful blanket was with me on the plane ride, and it will surely keep me warm in body and heart while I'm away from family and friends, experiencing all that the North has to offer. I am so thrilled to be beginning this adventure and hope to gain as much knowledge as possible about the community, the culture, and the land because I know that the more connected I am with the community, the more effective I will teach. 
   
   
     


No comments:

Post a Comment